Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on elections and organizations that want to change the world. We provide cutting-edge digital and mail fundraising and persuasion and acquisition advertising while creating a company that is great to work with and within.
Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world.
This is a remote position. The Director of Advertising is a full-time, benefits-eligible position through November 30, 2022, with the possibility of becoming a long-term position.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Director of Advertising to join our team this cycle to design and execute cutting edge digital persuasion campaigns for Run the World clients. Develop strategic, targeted plans to move voters and create the compelling copy, graphics and video to move them. Considering targeting, use a variety of digital platforms to communicate with voters, while providing excellent customer service to our clients.
- Plan, move through approval and execute winning persuasion programs.
- Help clients understand the power of digital, integrating this tool into the other mobilization tools and assist managers in building powerful plans to win.
- Serve as a campaign consultant to our clients, spotting opportunities to tell our clients stories and working with the consulting team to build winning campaigns
- Launch and monitor campaigns across self-served media partners like Facebook, Google, and ISP targeting platforms as well as managed partners.
- Use VAN targeting, polling and analytics to create plans that target voters on each platform and match creative and copy to ensure results.
- Optimize campaigns daily to meet client goals, communicating metrics to campaigns, and help them to make decisions based on data.
- Deliver top of the line client services, including efficient approval processes, excellent strategic advice, launching advertising on time, communicating regularly with campaigns on both progress and opportunities to grow.
- Compile reports that measure marketing objectives including impressions, frequency and reach.
- Translate internal numbers and reporting into clear client-facing reporting that helps tell a story to the client, and allows them to understand decisions at hand.
- Analyze results across clients to spot trends and themes, report to the head of our advertising department and president for sharing across teams.
- Use project management software and other technologies to manage workflow between the ads department and the client teams.
- 4-6 years experience managing advertising programs for political campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent client management skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time with an extreme attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, and with accountability from home
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office and advance progressive causes
- High level understanding of Facebook, Google, and other emerging advertising platforms
Additionally, we would love candidates who have:
- Experience with editing video for digital media
- Experience with animation and graphics built for video
- Strong graphic design skill
- Spanish language fluency
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Have the passion to make the world a better place?
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $80,000- $100,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, as well as an employee 401(k) program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.