Director of Digital Strategy & Accounts
We are seeking a director of digital strategy & accounts to join our team this cycle to lead one of the firm’s digital teams. A strong background in client/project management, a deep understanding of online and fundraising campaign strategy, strong writing skills, an ability to develop talent, and budget management skills are required for the position. In addition, the ability to work independently from home, be a part of a virtual team and manage staff remotely is an important part of this job. This rapidly growing firm wants team players who can offer cutting edge ideas and excellent customer service to their clients.
The Director of Digital Strategy & Accounts is a full-time, benefits-eligible position through November 30, 2022, and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Serve as a team leader, supervising a growing staff focused on planning and executing email marketing, social media and paid advertising campaigns to increase clients’ fundraising capacity.
- Develop creative aggressive growth strategies for client email and social media to increase the bottom line.
- Direct clients’ email acquisition programs including coordinating email swaps and joint actions, renting email lists and finding supporters through online advertising.
- Provide top of the line client services. Manage client relationships, including leading meetings and calls, responding to client needs in a timely fashion and setting and exceeding goals.
- Develop and manage client income and expense plans and report out weekly outcomes.
- Manage the content development, email timelines, and staff to ensure timely delivery and results for digital campaigns.
- Develop branding strategies for campaigns and their surrogates. Utilize this brand and voice across all platforms to maximize results.
- Work with your colleagues to develop creative and strategic plans while maintaining the ability to respond to rapid changes in the political environment.
- Write and edit dynamic content for an assortment of digital platforms.
- Utilize analytics to fine tune client best practices and share information across the firm.
- Run testing campaigns that inform best practices and provide sophisticated learnings to clients.
- Train campaign and staff and associates on best practices for online fundraising and list growth.
- Identify internal and external training opportunities for staff and interns.
- If you are passionate about changing the world by electing progressive leaders at all levels of government, we want to talk to you.
- Ideally applicants will have 5-7+ years working in digital fundraising, as well as experience in political campaigns or progressive organizations, and team management.
- We are looking for someone eager to continue to learn and grow with technology and promote creative thinking.
- Familiarity with NGP, BSD, Excel, Facebook, Twitter and other digital tools — advanced knowledge a plus.
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $70,000 – $90,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, an employee 401(k) program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here. No calls please.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.