Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on elections and organizations that want to change the world. We provide cutting-edge digital and mail fundraising as well as persuasion and acquisition advertising while creating a company that is great to work with and within.
Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into powerful movements for social change.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of progressive values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world.
We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Digital Intern to support our digital team with writing emails and designing digital email graphics that will aid in campaign fundraising. Interns will work with staff to produce various pieces on a weekly basis.
- Draft content for fundraising emails, social media campaigns, websites, and ads.
- Report weekly and monthly analytics on email campaigns and update performance metrics/statistics.
- Assist strategists with coding emails in client CRMs (NGP 8, EveryAction, Mail Chimp, etc) and completing other data projects as requested.
- Brainstorm and pitch creative and innovative ideas that enhance the candidate’s fundraising bottom-line and online profile.
- Design basic documents, templates, acquisition ads, and other communications for the company and clients.
- Assist senior management with various projects as needed, such as researching potential clients, gathering information on upcoming elections, researching polling results, among other tasks.
- Strong writing and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once, effectively communicating with your manager to discuss and adjust deadlines as needed.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office.
Preferred (But NOT Required) Qualifications:
- Experience writing political content and/or in digital marketing.
- HTML coding experience.
- Data entry and analysis experience using Excel and Google Sheets.
- Past experience creating graphics for emails, ads, and social media.
- Graphic design skills using Canva, Photoshop, or Adobe Illustrator.
This is a permanently remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.