Vice President, Digital Fundraising
Who We Are:
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on elections and organizations that want to change the world. We provide cutting-edge digital and mail fundraising as well as persuasion and acquisition advertising while creating a company that is great to work with and within.
Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Vice President, Digital Fundraising to lead the firm’s digital email team. They are responsible for the work of the digital division as well as implementing the CEO’s vision for the company. A strong background in client/project management, a deep understanding of online and fundraising campaign strategy, strong writing skills, an ability to develop talent, and budget management skills are required for the position. In addition, the ability to work independently from home, be a part of a virtual team and manage staff remotely is an important part of this job. This rapidly growing firm wants team players who can offer cutting edge ideas and excellent customer service to their clients.
The Vice President, Digital Fundraising is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Serve as a digital expert for the firm, focusing on planning and executing online, email, and acquisition ads campaigns to grow clients’ digital and fundraising capacity.
- Lead the digital fundraising team who focuses on planning and executing cutting-edge and best-in-the-industry email campaigns.
- Develop, implement, and train staff to provide client services that exceed our clients expectations.
- Work with colleagues to develop creative and strategic client fundraising plans while maintaining the ability to rapidly respond to the political environment. Assist client facing staff with messaging and skills to build creative, authentic content for clients.
- Responsible for team and cross team training, onboarding, and ongoing skills training.
- Increase sustainability through building long-term infrastructure, and hold staff accountable to department plans. Lead short-term and long-term strategic planning and department plans, and integrate department plans and goals into the overall company’s plans.
- Serve as a principal of the company, strengthening external relationships, partnerships, and vendors.
- Ensure the fiscal health and long-term stability of the company. Develop the income and expense budgets for the department.
- Work with the Executive Team and staff to build a culture and hiring practices that ensure an equitable and diverse workforce. Be a leader in the company’s anti-racism work by demonstrating a personal commitment to the work, as well as in the work we do every day.
- Lead the firm through the discovery of new technologies and practices as well as integration of those into day-to-day use.
If you are passionate about changing the world by electing progressive leaders and helping progressive organizations shine, we want to talk to you. Applicants also have:
- 5-7 years or more working in digital fundraising and developing high-performing email programs for political campaigns and/or progressive organizations.
- Significant experience leading diverse teams and developing talent, including in a virtual environment.
- In-depth experience directly with political campaigns, including partnering with political organizations, working with consulting teams and campaign staff, and working knowledge of how campaigns raise money and win elections.
- Experience developing budgets, staff training plans and workflow, and building infrastructure that supports a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced understanding of digital technology including NGP, Action Network, ActBlue, Google Suite, Facebook, Twitter, and other CRMs.
Location and Travel:
This is a permanently remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other online and offline communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $100,000 – $130,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, an employee 401(k) program, an employee assistance program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.