Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on campaigns and organizations that want to change the world. We create cutting-edge digital fundraising and voter engagement programs, as well as provide direct mail fundraising services. Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world. At Run the World, we want to impact the world by also changing the way we work together and building a company that is great to work with and within.
The Operations and Finance Assistant is a permanent, full-time, benefits-eligible position.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com . We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
Our progressive grassroots fundraising and voter mobilization firm works with all levels of political campaigns and non-profits around the country. The Operations and Finance Assistant aids the staff to ensure they have the tools to succeed at Run the World. They are responsible for supporting the operating infrastructure of each department, with special attention directed toward bookkeeping and coordinating the employee hiring, onboarding, and performance review processes.
The Operations and Finance Assistant will ensure efficient operation of the office by supporting the staff with a variety of tasks related to bookkeeping, organization, and communication. They must be able to effectively communicate in a professional manner via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately, efficiently, and delivered with the highest quality. The Operations and Finance Assistant will be entrusted to use their experience to plan and accomplish goals and their strong judgment, especially as it relates to the handling of confidential and time sensitive material. It is vital that this person be able to work both independently from home and be an active and responsive part of a virtual team.
- Support the employee hiring and staff onboarding processes in close partnership with the Executive Team and Operations Team
- Assist with the staff performance review process, by scheduling, compiling and distributing performance review assessments to appropriate team members
- Aid in the creation of client materials in preparation for pitches and business development opportunities
- Keep client information, internal processes, procedures, and client projects up-to-date in the project management software
- Provide support to the Director of Quality Control, assisting with copyediting
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with financial reconciliations on a monthly basis, or as needed
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices and expenses
- Process paid time off and reimbursement requests
- Plan cross-company socializing and bonding opportunities like monthly Happy Hours and Coffee Hours
- Perform other administrative duties as needed to support the overall success of RTW and its team
- Model the values espoused in Run the World’s Design Team Alliance
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably on political campaigns or in non-profit organizations
- Well versed in Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and responsive
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Team player who pitches in wherever necessary
- Not afraid to ask questions or for help when needed
- Enthusiastic about electing progressive candidates to public office or working with non-profit organizations
Preferred but not Required:
- Understanding of QuickBooks Online or other similar software
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $40,000 to $47,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, as well as an employee 401(k) program, Employee Assistance Program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.