Director of Executive Operations
The Director of Executive Operations partners with the CEO and the Executive Team to build a dynamic company, enhance interdepartmental leadership and communication and plays an integral role in our clients, company and team members’ success. In their leadership role, they will work with the Finance, Digital and Direct Mail departments to build effective systems, recruit and train staff and assist the Executive Team in creating a mission-driven, successful company. The DEO has a public and integral leadership role in the political and advocacy community, including potential clients, stakeholders, vendors and political consultants. The DEO is a key member of RTW’s business development team.
The Director of Executive Operations is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Work with the Executive team to build an organizational culture in line with our mission and values. Model and build upon our Design Team Alliance, and lead across teams living these values through management, processes, hiring and everything we do at Run the World.
- Oversee cross-team management organization and development; set agendas, lead meetings, and drive accountability, buildout best practices internally for management and leadership development.
- Plan cross-department projects, including identifying goals, process and outcomes, including looking ahead and anticipating needs as they arise. Support management of workflows using the project management software and other communication tools. Report on outcomes to CEO.
- Guide implementation of the Strategic Plan. Design benchmarks for assessing Strategic Planning initiatives and progress and drive reassessment of plans throughout the cycle. Create and lead future strategic planning projects.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in the digital, mail, and fundraising sphere, as well as campaign strategy. Work with departments to assess utility, cost and implement adoption across teams.
- Work with the CEO to identify priorities for her time, strategically align schedules to meet goals and evaluate success. Assist in prioritizing CEO’s role and time spent in department, client, vendor and partner meetings. Prep CEO for internal and external meetings, including pitches, and partner meetings.
- Manage our anti-racism work at Run the World and other coaching and training programs that enhance the culture and train staff to be the best they can be.
- Ensure the fiscal health of the company by building systems that work across teams for client invoicing, creating checks and balances for advertising income, and budget development. Hold teams accountable to fiscal systems.
- Partner with the Executive Team and CEO to refine and build out short and long-term RTW business planning and budgeting.
- Work with the CEO and Presidents to pitch clients, including proposal development, developing pitch decks and agendas for meetings. Participate in pitches with teams as needed.
- Lead staff meetings, set agendas for internal meetings, including staff retreats, and maximize the time to build community, enhance skill sets and engage staff.
- Prepare CEO and other Executive Team members for decision making meetings, coordinate cross-department meeting agendas and communication processes at the Executive and Leadership level.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge technologies, opportunities to utilize technology to increase client or company performance and to integrate usage across teams.
- Assist in hiring qualified team members and team member training. Execute a hiring practice that is a positive experience for applicants and staff, anti-racist and fiscally responsible.
- As needed, support the President and the digital team in the development of creative and strategic client fundraising and voter mobilization plans. Through relationship building with other professionals, conferences and other networks, identify areas to increase best practices, spot opportunities for multi-channel integration, and monitor changes in the tools we use, to improve client services and results.
- Proficient knowledge of political campaigns, digital fundraising and voter mobilization programs and fundraising direct mail.
- Proven experience managing multiple teams and departments, including creating effective communication systems and building short and long term plans to meet and exceed goals.
- Aptitude for developing and supporting talent.
- A demonstrated commitment to progressive values and a personal investment in anti-racism and anti-patriarchal work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience developing systems and work-flows to support both employees and clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, setting priorities and overcoming obstacles and holding partners accountable to outcomes.
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position permanently. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $90,000 – $115,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, an employee 401(k) program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here. No phone calls, please.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.