Title: Writing Consultant
Status: Individual Consultant or Consulting Firm
Overview: Run the World is a virtual company dedicated to raising money for Democratic and progressive candidates and for like-minded non-profit organizations. We are seeking a writing consultant to assist with producing copy for clients’ fundraising direct mail solicitations.
Scope of Work:
- Attend meetings by phone with clients to understand the tone and message of each solicitation.
- Research clients’ background, review video clips and take other action to better understand how to demonstrate our clients’ voice and brand in solicitations.
- Write the first draft of clients’ fundraising letters. Word count is between 900 to 1,000 words.
- Work with company partner to produce a final draft for client review.
- Make client edits as necessary to produce a client-approved version for printing.
- Five years or more of professional, political writing experience.
- Demonstrated cultural competency writing with diversified communities and a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to turn around draft letters within 48 to 72 hours.
- Experience handling the writing needs of multiple clients at once.
- Ability to interact with clients on high level political campaigns and big organizations.
- Knowledge of Google docs.
Contact Information: Please send a proposal with pricing and writing samples to [email protected] by February 19, 2021. If you have specific questions about our writing needs, you may also send them to that email address.