Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on elections and organizations that want to change the world. We provide cutting-edge digital persuasion, fundraising and direct mail fundraising services while building a company that is great to work with and within.
Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements. We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Deputy Director of Advertising. This is a remote position. The Deputy Director of Advertising is a full-time, benefits-eligible position through November 30, 2022.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Deputy Director of Advertising to join our team this cycle to design and oversee the execution of cutting edge digital fundraising and persuasion advertising campaigns for Run the World clients. The Deputy Director of Advertising will report to our Director of Advertising and will be responsible for leading a team of advertising strategists to develop strategic, targeted plans to move voters and engage donors while providing excellent customer service to our clients.
- Lead a team of advertising strategists to plan, produce and execute winning acquisition and persuasion programs.
- Help clients understand the power of digital, integrating this tool into the other fundraising and mobilization tools and assist managers in building powerful plans to win.
- Launch and monitor campaigns across self-served media partners like Facebook, Google, and programmatic platforms as well as managed partners.
- Optimize campaigns daily to meet client goals, communicating metrics to campaigns, and help them to make decisions based on data.
- Deliver top of the line client services, including efficient approval processes, excellent strategic advice, launching advertising on time, communicating regularly with campaigns on both progress and opportunities to grow.
- Compile reports that measure marketing objectives including impressions, frequency and reach.
- Translate internal numbers and reporting into clear client-facing reporting that helps tell a story to the client, and allows them to understand decisions at hand.
- Analyze results across clients to spot trends and themes, report to the VP and Director of Advertising for sharing across teams.
- 3-5 years experience managing advertising programs for political campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent client management skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at one time with an extreme attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, responsibly, and with accountability from home
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office and advance progressive causes
- High level understanding of Facebook, Google, and other emerging advertising platforms
Additionally, we would love candidates who have:
- Experience managing small teams
- Strong graphic design skill
- Spanish language fluency
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Have the passion to make the world a better place?
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $75,000- $90,000. Run the World provides competitive health care coverage, as well as an employee 401(k) program, Employee Assistance Program, technology and cell phone stipend, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment:
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.