Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on elections and organizations that want to change the world. We provide cutting-edge digital and mail fundraising and persuasion and acquisition advertising while creating a company that is great to work with and within.
Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world.
We are currently seeking applicants for Comptroller to start early summer of 2020. This is a remote position. The Comptroller is a full-time, benefits-eligible position.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a Comptroller to direct and oversee all aspects of the company’s finance and accounting functions. In addition, working independently from home and being a part of a virtual team is an important part of this job. This rapidly growing firm wants team players who can offer cutting edge ideas and excellent customer service to our clients.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the company.
- Manage the company’s cash flow requirements, financial analyses, information and reporting, budget development, and monitoring.
- Cultivate a culture that promotes RTW Digital’s core values of learning, accountability, positivity, innovation, and openness.
- Streamline processes and proactively communicate interdepartmentally both accounts receivables and payables, and adjust forecast budgets accordingly.
- Maintain human resources policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual financial plans and reports for the CEO and Executive Team.
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols, and infrastructure are in place to support a growing organization.
- Develop strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Manage all employee benefits programs, including processing payroll.
- Administer invoicing, billing, and collections.
- Serve as the liaison with vendors and service providers, including administering contracts and NDAs.
- Five (5) years or more experience as a bookkeeper, accountant, or another fiscal management position
- Experience with financial forecasting, budgeting, and reporting
- Strategic, analytical, and tactical thinking skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully problem solve, plan, and facilitate growth
- High level of professional integrity, positivity, and a sense of humor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, Google Drive, and Microsoft Excel
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Love numbers and budgets?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Pride yourself on developing smart systems and processes?
- Have the passion to make the world a better place?
Location and Travel:
This is a remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position requires occasional travel.
Salary range is $50,000 – $65,000. Run the World provides cash in lieu of benefits to cover health care costs, as well as an employee 401(k) program, and generous vacation and wellness leave.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online here.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.